Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Kombucha Rant

My mom brought home green tea a few days ago. It's "kombucha green tea", but it bears no resemblance to the kombucha I know-- the vaguely fizzy, yeast-y smelling stuff that comes in glass bottles and tastes like something that might burn your insides. It's fermented, and theoretically supports appetite control and weight loss, even if it does have sixty calories a bottle.

My mom's version are teabags. They taste nothing like green tea or my version of kombucha, but rather like plum. I'm not sure how it can be fermented. Nonetheless, it's caffeinated green tea (metabolism booster) that doesn't have the aquarium water taste of green tea... and it doesn't have any calories. I'm not complaining, just confused.

Today I've Had...

  • raspberries
  • fat-free, plain Greek yogurt
  • biscotti
  • soup
Intake: 250

No comments: